Located near Portsmouth, NH, our client is a 250-year-old, brand-name, leading provider and manufacturer in their industry. Their name is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice! Their tremendous growth has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join their team.
Offered is a competitive salary including bonus, 401k match, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for growth. This is a REMOTE position!
The ETL Developer/Data Engineer - Business Intelligence position will require the use of ETL tools such as Data Services, Informatica, Alteryx, etc., to migrate data to various locations. Overall, the individual will strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. Role will also demonstrate a clear understanding of database administration. Responsibilities include architecting and managing some of our client’s most critical system databases, applications.
This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on specialist! To succeed, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods.
• Utilize technical acumen and in-depth understanding of business processes and practices to influence the creation, modification, and execution of operational and strategic plans.
• Analyze and organize raw data.
• Build data systems and pipelines.
• Evaluate business needs and objectives.
• Prepare clear and comprehensive correspondence, reports, and carry out independent research and fact-finding assignments.
• Define problem areas and evaluate, recommend, and implement alternative solutions to complex issues and problems.
• Promote teamwork, a positive work environment, and collaborative problem solving.
• Interpret trends and patterns.
• Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
• Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling.
• Build algorithms and prototypes.
• Combine raw information from different sources.
• Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
• Identify opportunities for data acquisition.
• Develop analytical tools and programs.
• Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects.
• Creating data structures with high-level security features.
• Altering storage structures to meet the evolving needs of the company.
• Build, collect, and manage raw data into usable information as a scale.
• Develops algorithms to transform data into useful, actionable information.
• Works with the ETL team to maintain pipeline architectures.
• Collaborates with management teams to understand the company objectives.
• Works closely with the data steward, developers, and data scientist.
• Data warehousing.
• Basic machine learning.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is required. Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in database administration, information technology, and database system architecture is required.
• Strong experience with ETL and database technologies (Alteryx, Data Services, Informatica, SAS, etc.).
• Strong SQL knowledge as well as understanding database structures
• Experience with database languages and technologies (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL), SQL Server Integration Services, package design, and data analysis.
• Strong coding skills such as SQL/Python/Java.
• Passionate about complex data structures and problems solving
• Experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of Relational or Multidimensional Data Base Management Systems (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server and DB2) in one or more computing environments (e.g., Windows, Unix, Oracle).
• Data administration and management functions (collection, cleaning, analysis, distribution, etc.).
• Thorough understanding of the relational database model and solid theoretical knowledge of relational database techniques.
• Advanced knowledge of modern database and information system technologies.
• Must be a US Citizen
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.