The Dietary Aide helps in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
• Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
• Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
• Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties
• Clean work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
• Sweep and mop floors as directed.
• Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area.
• Return clean utensils to proper storage areas.
• Wash and clean dishes/utensils as directed.
• Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
• Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed.
• Assist cook in preparing meals.
• Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
• Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
• Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc., and take to dishwashing area.
• Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
• Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
• Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
• Assist in food preparation for special meals for parties, etc.