• Boiler operators perform frequent inspection checks and regular maintenance on boiler systems and related valves, gauges, piping, and other equipment.
• Boiler operators work within boiler rooms and equipment rooms and rarely travel in the course of their day-to-day duties.
• Boiler operators repair piping, valves, and other boiler machinery as needed.
• Boiler operators record daily gas readings, feed water tests, and other test results.
• Boiler operators adjust valves and boiler controls as needed to control the amount of pressure in the system and keep the boiler system functioning safely.