• Boiler operators perform frequent inspection checks and regular maintenance on boiler systems and related valves, gauges, piping, and other equipment.
• Boiler operators repair piping, valves, and other boiler machinery as needed.
• Boiler operators replace defective valves, gauges, and other boiler parts as needed.
• Boiler operators record daily gas readings, feed water tests, and other test results.
• Boiler operators adjust valves and boiler controls as needed to control the amount of pressure in the system and keep the boiler system functioning safely.