• They meet with other engineers in the team and discuss the implementation of drawings, posture correction, and execution.
• Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
• Estimate budget and scope of project.
• Solicit observations from operators.
• Prepare product reports and documentation.
• Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods.
• Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and to recommend remedies.
• Develop and test prototypes of devices they design.