• They also modify existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance and make researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective.
• They work on almost every consumer product imaginable for large-scale production, from telephones and medical equipment to kitchen appliances and car engines.
• studying a design brief.
• Thinking of possible design solutions.
• Assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
• Using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create prototypes.