This is Us :
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise - to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With over 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This Is You :
While we expect the right candidate for this Senior role to be able to work across the broad DevOps technical landscape, this role will fill a specific need to take over administration and maintenance of Jenkins / Cloudbees, while at the same time moving the needle on migration to Gitlab. If docker, containerization, CI/CD, and supporting primarily Java applications is your forte, we want to hear from you!
- As part of the DevOps team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation, and support of the infrastructure components of Spireon software products which are hosted in AWS
- Manage and refine the current Jenkins CI/CD platform tooling and direct future enhancements and new tooling within Gitlab
- Assist in coaching application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications in the micro-services paradigm
- Foster collaboration with software product development and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes
- Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure to support Spireon platforms.
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
- Support and troubleshoot product and infrastructure issues in production environments
- 5-7 years' experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies
- BE/BTech in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong Linux background
- Expert administering, developing, and maintaining CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, GitLab, and artifact repositories like Nexus
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience with multiple provisioning, deployment, cloud computing tools like CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure and services like AWS and related APIs
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
Preferred Qualifications :
- Java experience with Spring Boot and Grails highly preferred
- Production experience with Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with log management systems like Splunk, ELK
- IoT/Telematics industry experience
- harness.io is a plus
- Voted IoT Vehicle Telematics Company of the Year
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits