11 months ago
- Minimum 2 years of MySQL database administration experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, internally and with our customers.
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL Database Administration
- Hands-on experience with managing various vanilla HA implementations like binlog replication, GTID replication
- General understanding of Innodb & MyISAM architectures
- General understanding of the design and development of applications that access MySQL.
- Deep understanding of security & authentication models with MySQL
- Working knowledge of MySQL on Windows and Linux
- Strong understanding of RDBMS and SQL database concepts.
- Strong desire to continue learning and expand the knowledge on to other RDBMS and NoSQL architectures and administrative procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal support personnel and Navisite customers.
- Basic understanding of one of AWS, Azure, GCP cloud infrastructures
- Basic knowledge on enterprise MySQL implementations like galera, percona, etc
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Installs, configures, upgrades, tunes, and maintains MySQL production, development, and test databases.
- Participates in application outage incidents to ensure database integrity and functionality.
- Defines and maintains database problem reporting, tracking, and resolution procedures.
- Provides proactive input into design issues/constraints, performance tuning, and impact analysis of changes.
- Support, enforce and improve upon Navisite database development, deployment, and maintenance best practices
- Advise customers on hardware and performance questions, and recommend best practices
- Ensure that customers are have appropriate maintenance in place including backups, index maintenance, consistency checks and statistics maintenance
- Continue to learn new skills involved in being a MySQL DBA as the technology evolves
- Keep up to date with new releases of MySQL and advise customers of the aspects that pertain to them - Interface and communicate with other internal departments at Navisite
- Participate in 24x7 shift coverage & Keep time entry up to date within 24 hours
- Strictly adhere to the internal policies, processes, and procedures
- Implement/Support pertinent high availability solutions