• Positions parts in jig and files, chisels, and grinds parts, as indicated, to fit them together.
• May heat parts with acetylene torch and bend them in wise, on anvil, or around stakes mounted in table.
• Tack-welds fitted parts together or directs FITTER HELPER to tack-weld parts.
• May heat parts with acetylene torch and dip parts in cyanide bath to harden.
• Periodically compares dimensions of assembly to blueprint specifications, using square, rule, and callipers.
• Works to tolerances of 0625 inch.
• May anneal parts with acetylene torch to remove stresses of welding.
• May fasten parts together with acetylene torch and brazing rod.