• They work on almost every consumer product imaginable for large-scale production, from telephones and medical equipment to kitchen appliances and car engines.
• studying a design brief.
• Thinking of possible design solutions.
• Assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
• Using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create prototypes.
• collecting and analysing data from tests on prototypes.
• modifying designs and retesting them.
• writing regular progress reports and presenting them to project managers and clients.