• Install, upgrade and monitor software and hardware.
• They usually maintain the essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, email, PCs, local and wide area networking both hardware and software and mid-range server hardware.
• Sysadmins are usually charged with installing, supporting, and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
• Other duties may include scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects.
• In charge of the computer systems all the parts that make a computer function.
• Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers.