Job Title: Assembly Operator
Shift timings: 1st Shift (7:00am-3:30pm) 2nd Shift (3:00 - 11:00pm)
Duration: Long term - continuing contract
Location: Newburyport, MA, 01950
Responsibilities involve the operation of microelectronics assembly equipment, including die and wafer processing, chip-and-wire assembly, assembly of various components, screening, visual inspection, measurement, and sorting of semiconductor devices. The role includes Quality Assurance-level inspection responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Operation of manual, automatic, and semi-automatic microelectronics assembly equipment with supervision.
• Inspection of die and packages to various Military and Jedec standards using high and low power microscopes.
• Follows defined specifications and reaction paths or written/verbal instruction.
• Use multiple hand tools to manually process delicate products without damaging components.
• Train other employees on basic equipment operation and assembly process.
• Maintain well-organized and audit ready work areas.
• Utilize computer-based manufacturing systems to move product and enter data.
• A high school diploma or GED is required.
• Basic computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High attention to detail.