Currently seeking a Radiologic Technologist to join our team. CT certification and x-ray is a plus.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hours Of Operation:
This is a second shift position working Monday through Friday as well as rotating holidays and some on call responsibilities.
• Competitive salary of $45.00 an hour
• Comprehensive benefits package
Radiologic Technologist Job Responsibilities:
• Provide information to diagnose patient illnesses by operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs.
• Identify patient service requirements by establishing a personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Ensure operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintain radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies.
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Gain patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing explanations of treatment, and answering questions.
• Prepare patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into a specified position, and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
• Minimize radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
• Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media; and administering first aid and using the emergency cart.
• Maintain production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures, developing radiographs, observing radiographic results, and making necessary adjustments.
• Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Associate’s degree in radiologic technology from an accredited school or two (2) years of experience in a directly related area
• Valid state Radiologic Technologist license
• Registered Radiologic Technologist (RT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
• CT experience preferred
• Clean background check and clean drug screen
• Apply with a copy of your resume.